Topic

New Year, New Gear – Killer Deal on Complete Cook Kits

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals New Year, New Gear – Killer Deal on Complete Cook Kits

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Robert Kelly
    BPL Member

@qiwiz

Locale: UL gear @ QiWiz.net

Have been working on adding some things that may be of use to you. I particularly want to highlight a special price on a cook kit that has a titanium pot, titanium windscreen, and choice of stove. The whole shebang is less than 6 ounces, including a stuff sack.

If you just want a great titanium windscreen, I've got those too. All the details at http://www.QiWiz.net

Chase Norton

@micronorton

Your site is confusing and awkward. Maybe you have good products but I could not find them. I am saying this to hopefully help

Phillip Asby
    BPL Member

@pgasby

Locale: North Carolina

It might tempt me into trying an alcohol stove finally!

Robert Kelly
    BPL Member

@qiwiz

@ Chase

I'm not an expert at website construction, my fault. I do the best I can with the skills I have. But here are the direct page references you can paste into your browser:

For the complete kits:
    http://qiwiz.net/Kits.html

For windscreens:
    http://qiwiz.net/WindscreensEtc.html

For everything else – the left side of each page has navigation links that take you to other pages in the site.

Mole J
    BPL Member

@mole

Locale: UK

Robert

For myself, it's not the website construction at all, but the how you have laid out the information/descriptions/titles/options of your products. KISS

eg, the woodburner page is just too wordy up front, and not clear and simple about the otions – e.g. your drop down buying list has options on the front page which aren't clearly explained without bouncing around the website gleaning info. It needn't be so hard/take so long.

(might be just me, but the font colours hurt my eyes!)

Your woodburning stove with the door option looks great though.

cheers

Robert Kelly
    BPL Member

@qiwiz

Appreciate the comments and specific suggestions. Always hard to decide if less is more or more is more when it comes to information. I've gone ahead and made the colors more subdued, which should make the viewing less hard on the eyes. I'll have to think about whether I have the energy and skill to take on a more major overhaul. In the meantime, anyone with questions should feel free to contact me.

Jordo _99
    BPL Member

@jordo_99

Locale: Nebraska

I actually like the layout of the site. I like how the user navigates on the left pane and the information updates on the right (pretty standard–but that's good)…however, the left pane would be much improved with some uniformity–when you select a button on the left, the whole list changes order and location…if the buttons all stay in place (or at least close…shifting buttons down is fine, but sometimes it affects the buttons on top or some buttons just flat out disappear) and in order it would be perfect.

It sounds like you're already looking into changing the colors…I find the lime green, while easy to read, a bit a little harsh on the eyes. Regardless, I don't see much issue with the color theme you're going with. It pops without being overly obnoxious (I've seen A LOT of bad websites back when I was taking courses on it). I think if you just tone down the green a hair it will be great.

As for descriptions. I love having all the information available but I could see how people looking for information (weight, material, size, boil time…etc) could get frustrated by having to read the whole thing. Might be a good idea to list the specifications to balance this out.

Overall, I really don't think that it's a poorly designed website like the first person commented. The part about the layout on the left pane needing work is the only thing that actually irks me but it's still useable, just a bit frustrating…the rest of my comments are just nitpicking.

Just my two cents.

Robert Kelly
    BPL Member

@qiwiz

Get a FireFly wood burning stove and get 10% off any other items you get at the same time: a trowel, a saw, a complete cook kit, a titanium windscreen, etc. No maximum. Make sure you go to the Specials page at http://QiWiz.net/specials.html when you place your order to activate the discount. I will rebate it back to your PayPal account. Offer expires March 1.

Robert Kelly
    BPL Member

@qiwiz

I will now be able to make my windscreens out of a lighter gauge of titanium foil, 0.10 mm thick. The foil I used to use was 20% heavier/thicker.

If the lighter gauge is important to you, make sure to ask for it when you order, because I still have some of the heavier gauge.

I have also been able to source a quantity of the titanium pots for the Complete Kits, just in the nick of time, as I was about to run out.

Robert Kelly
    BPL Member

@qiwiz

New windscreen option:

"Tall" windscreens that are 50% higher than regular windscreens (12 cm / 4.72 in rather than 8 cm / 3.15 in ).
    No charge height reduction to your custom specification for either regular or tall sizes.
    (access this on Windscreens page)

October special deal #1:

Get a Complete Kit (titanium pot, titanium windscreen, choice of pot support and burner) and add a Snow Peak "Hot Lips" for just a penny more.
    (access this on Specials page)

October special deal #2:

Save on a FireFly stove with FlexPort if you don't need small or large pot supports (most folks don't need 'em, as it turns out)
    (access this on Specials page)

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Robert,

I just bought a 12" tall small windscreen. Just a heads up, the description for these says 6 cm instead of 12 cm, although the inches is correct.

Robert Kelly
    BPL Member

@qiwiz

@Steven

Thanks for catching my web page error. Has now been fixed. Thanks for the order too!

Robert Kelly
    BPL Member

@qiwiz

I've had a number of people contact me about this issue. Originally, I thought I was not going to be able to get more of the 700 ml titanium pots, because no one was making them. That's now changed, and my supply of these really nice titanium pots is healthy. I have updated my offerings so that you can still get a complete Kit, but can also get just the ti pot or just the ti pot with a windscreen.

Can you dig it?

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Is there a current sale?

Robert Kelly
    BPL Member

@qiwiz

Yes, see Specials page for current deals.

Robert Kelly
    BPL Member

@qiwiz

Well, another year is here, and I've got more new gear. I've listened, and I'm delivering. Specifically, I've added a second pot size option (1000 cc aluminum) and a larger capacity alcohol/Esbit DualFuel burner. You can get the complete Kit with your choice of pot, titanium windscreen, burner/stove options, and pot support options – OR any of the components individually. Can you dig it? New gear introductory pricing on Kits and Kit Components in effect until end of January.

Kits2014.jpg

D S
    BPL Member

@smoke

It would help, IMO, if your site had an actual pic of the different packages of cook kits (within reason). Putting everything in a group pic makes it kinda confusing to figure out exactly what you're getting.

Robert Kelly
    BPL Member

@qiwiz

Thanks for the suggestion. I may be able to put this in place in the near future. In the meantime, the video clip on the Kits page on my site should make all the options more clear, but please contact me if you still have questions. Basically, there are two pot options, each of which comes with a titanium windscreen if you get the Complete Kit. You can pair these pots with any of three burner options and two pot stand options. I recommend one of the DualFuel burners for the Ti pot and either the DualFuel XL or Bottlestove.com burner for the Al pot. The TriPod is the lightest and most compact pot stand to use with a DualFuel burner, but the stainless steel mesh pot stand works well and saves a few $$.

Desert Dweller

@drusilla

Locale: Wild Wild West

Thank you for the ti mug Robert, it was here in 48 hours. Perfect size, awesome deal.
    For those interested the 700 ml weighs with lid 3.95 oz.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools