Topic

BD Firstlight tent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) BD Firstlight tent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eduardo Lartigau

@eduardo

Hello: I live in Brazil , sorry my pour English. I’m a tarp camper, but I need a light stormworty tent to go for a trip in the Patagonia with I expected much wind and raine days. I think to buy a BD Firsthlight becouse the weight, and liavibilit space for solo travel. My concerns is:1ºI have 5.11 tall, have this tent suficiently space for I can strech and my sleeping bag dont touch the ends and walls of the tent.2ºany information abouth condensation resistence and water resistence is very good.3ºAny sugestion or bether idea I will apreciate very much. Tanks very much. I waith your suport my friends, tanks again, Eduardo.

Andy Lewicky

@romanandrey

The Firstlight is an amazing tent–legitimately under 3 lbs.

I would hesitate to use it in continuous, heavy, day-after-day rain, however. As for wind, the tent’s performance is probably average for its class. That may not be good enough for those famous Patagonia winds.

At 5’11” you’re probably close to the height limit. This tent may be a bit small, depending on your preference.

Finally, the tent is not seam-sealed. You have to do that yourself, and it’s quite annoying.

Hope this helps!

Eduardo Lartigau

@eduardo

Dear Andy; Tanks very much your atention , you can not avaliate how much your informations help me… If possible tell me if you have condensation problens with this tent, wen you travel solo.Becouse I can not see this tent personaly in my country, is very important your opinion, Please tell me if in your opinion this tent is not shorth for me, 5.11 sleep in a Gossamer gear 3/4 pad and a WM Ultralite bag.Tanks very much again. Eduardo.

Anonymous

Hi Eduardo,
    It sounds like you would fare better with a Bibler Eldorado tent. I am 6′ tall, and this fits me well. Also, it is a very sturdy tent in the Sierras, where I do most of my hiking. It is a tad heavy at 5 pounds, but I figure it is good protection since I use a down bag. No problems with condensation on the inside and bombproof. Jeff

Eduardo Lartigau

@eduardo

Tanks Jeff, tanks your coments. Eduardo.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools