Topic

60% off merino sale @ Proof NY, ends Sunday Jan 20th

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 60% off merino sale @ Proof NY, ends Sunday Jan 20th

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chris Wright
    Spectator

@chriswrightcycles

I'll just copy & paste the e-mail below. If anyone tries these, please report back with your impressions. I have yet to try their stuff and reviews are hard to find…

-Chris

Merino Sale

Mid-January. Resolutions still (barely) intact. Life is good!

So good, we're kicking off the year with a big ol' sale on all of our amazing technical merino garments.

From now through Sunday, save 60% on all merino products including our:

Merino LS Crew: $130 > $52
    Merino Crew: $90 > $36
    Merino Henley: $120 > $48

Just use the code "MERINOPROOF" at checkout to apply the discount.

Limited quantities, so act fast!

– Proof

M H
    BPL Member

@mthirsch

Locale: Caribbean

I'm trying it – I'll report back when I get it. Thanks for posting the discount.

Daniel Russell

@superfluous_grizzly

Locale: Creation

Still expensive after discount. :/

Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

Locale: Northern California

After discount, probably cheaper than Ibex or Icebreaker, (eg, Woolies 220 Crew @ $95, Proof 260 @ 40 % x 130 = $52), about like Stoic, more expensive than IO bio during one of its frequent sales.

Bought 2 @ 260 weight, shipping was $8.00, discount totally worked.

Thanks, will let you know what they're like. Hopefully, to justify their prices, they're using super-premium merino, but there probably aren't that many different companies making the cloth, and may not be huge differences between fabrics.

James Connolly
    BPL Member

@jamespjc

Locale: TX

I've had one of their merino henley's for a couple of months. (I got it at a bit of discount, but sadly not at 60% off ;o). I certainly feels like good quality, and has held up well. Its soft to the touch, and does not irritate my skin.

However, I feel like its more of a casual piece than say something like the Ibex Woolies. It is not form/tight fitting, and looks good. I'd say the henley is about the same weight as the Ibex woolies, but alas I don't have a scale to verify this. I've also ordered one of the heavier weight long sleeve tops.

Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

Received package from proof, & though the included invoice showed payment for two shirts, only one was included. Have emailed them, and called the phone # that comes up on a Google search, but so far no response. Customer service when there's a problem like this is crucial to any company, especially a new small one, so it's disturbing to have this experience.

Think of the enormous good will many of the small manufacturers visible on BPL have earned because of their excellent customer service.

The shirt itself seems quite good. A harder finish merino than, say Ibex, not quite as soft as the Ibex Nelson, but quite smooth & easy to wear. A tight weave, perhaps optimized for wind block, less apparent fabric thickness for 260 weight than, say, Icebreaker, but that may change over a few washes. Fit is excellent, with one small niggle- on me the collar seems a bit low in the back.

Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

Proof got in touch, and are sending the second shirt. They seem genuinely interested in providing a good product, and should be worth watching, though I think it's fair to say their emphasis is more on versatile urban wear than on UL backpacking clothing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools