Topic

down over-bootie as layer over trail runners for snowshoeing?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear down over-bootie as layer over trail runners for snowshoeing?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

This are going to be packed regardless for shoulder season outings, thinking they (the outer, not the down bootie :)) may add a little warmth as an outer layer in those times you need a little more warmth??? wear issues???

thanks

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

My guess is the binding would rub through it over a few miles.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

I just got off the phone w/ Ben (goosefeet) and he's never had anyone ask this question or knows of anyone that has tried it, but thought that for infrequent use (not a 30 day expedition across Alaska) it might work- might being the key word as he obviously can't warranty any damage resulting from such use

My intent is that these are going along anyways for use at camp, and the trips I would anticipate using them as part of shoe system would generally be milder temperature wise- so a Below40 or NEOs type over boot would be overkill and unnecessary IMO-this would be a stop gap measure to use them say in the morning for a few hours until it starts warming up

I guess the other option would be to fashion up a DIY Tyvek over-bootie?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools