Topic

Crest & Colgate Liquid Gel “Toothpaste”

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Crest & Colgate Liquid Gel “Toothpaste”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Richard Nelridge
    Spectator

@naturephoto1

Locale: Eastern Pennsylvania

I just picked up a container of Crest Liquid Gel and was able to transfer this material (without any problem) to one of my Bozeman Mountain Works (BMW) .35 oz bottles. The BMW bottles, which are available on the BPL site, are used by many of us to repackage many of our liquids including Aqua Mira, deet, hand sanitizer, and sunblock.

The BMW bottles can be squeezed and the liquid gel easily passes through the bottle’s orifice to your toothbrush. Anyone considering using baking soda, or toothpaste now has an available alternative. Full BMW bottle weighs .4 oz.

Both Crest and Colgate have a wide assortment of flavors available if anyone wishes to try them.

Jeremy McDaniel

@jerm409

Locale: highest privy in the lower 48

I have been doing the same with the Tom’s of Maine gel toothpaste.

Mike Storesund

@mikes-1

I found Arm & Hammer Tooth Powder at drugstore.com and I put some in the BMW 0.25 oz vials. There is enough in one vial to last a full week and it does not foam up like paste does.

Jay Ham

@jham

Locale: Southwest

I like my baking soda….but I can’t get the rest of my family to use it. :)

Al Shaver
    BPL Member

@al_t-tude

Locale: High Sierra and CA Central Coast

I don’t take gel or paste into the backcountry due to the water in them. Powder mixed with water found in situ is a lighter choice. I choose baking soda over tooth powder as it lacks the aromatic flavoring found in the latter that might attract bears and critters.

Cheers Al

Andy Ledbetter

@dronfield

Dehydrate your regular/favorite toothpaste.
    Fill a tray with toothpaste blobs of suitable size for one brushing, and dehydrate. You can get hundreds onto one tray. Store them in an air tight container and just pack the number you require for each trip. Simple, easy, and super-ultra light.

AndyL
    DunRockin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools