Topic

Stephenson warmlite for winter?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Mountaineering & Alpinism Stephenson warmlite for winter?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    maria nobles

@hilltackler

Locale: the valley

I've been using my rainbow tent for winter but its not as sturdy as I like in strong winds and I would like go get something more suitable for winter conditions but isn't a heavy expedition tent as I don't have real use for that – wondering if anyone has any experience with Stephenson tents?

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
    John West
    Spectator

@skyzo

Locale: Borah Gear

I've used a friend's warmlite in the winter, and I really liked it. Handled winds really well, and took a light snow load with no problem.
    I know a few people that have used them on mountaineering trips, and they've stood up to all the winds they've encountered.

Ashley Laurence
    BPL Member

@timdaman

I have been happy with mine though given the slant on the door it is hard to keep snow from falling into the tent. I bought a 3R climbers (short) tent and I find it has enough room for two if I had it to do over I really think going for a regular would have been a better choice as it is a bit cramped when adding gear. I have used it in -38C(-36f) temps. I can put it up and take it down with gloves on. It handled 40cm(16 inches) of snow quite well. I haven't gotten it into high winds so I can attest to it's above tree-line performance. I have comfortably sat up with two friends and played cards on a rainy day.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools