Topic

OR summit sacks, montane jackets, Inov-8, vivobarefoot, other sales at The Clymb

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals OR summit sacks, montane jackets, Inov-8, vivobarefoot, other sales at The Clymb

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tim Haynes

@timalan

Locale: Mid Atlantic

I know The Clymb pops up often on deal threads, and I seldom feel that the sales are worth sharing, but in looking through the site today, there are a bunch of items that would appeal to this community.

The OR drybag/summit sacks are on sale — they have three models, ranging from ~9 to ~16 oz, all holding ~30L, and all waterproof dry-bag style with backpack straps. Someone here gave a great review to the Drycomp Summit Sack as his primary ultralight bag. A 12oz bag that is totally waterproof and is $40 is pretty awesome — I ordered one to try out.

Montane eVent jackets are on sale, a ton of the Vivobarefoot line, tons of the ultralight Inov-8 shoes, all sorts of winter gear… Also the Honey Stinger chews, which are my favorite hiking snack — 12 packs are $17, which is a great deal on those.

best set of sales I've seen from The Clymb in months. In full disclosure, The Clymb is one of the "member only" sites that gives account credit for referrals, so if you join, they'll put some credit on my account. Depending on when you make a purchase, it can range from $10 to $25, so I really appreciate the help — everyone wins, and it helps keep my wife from getting upset over new gear when we get it at a discount. ;)

Here's the link if you need it:

http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/TimHaynes

If you've got any questions about any of the gear mentioned, LMK. I only recommend gear I use — Vivobarefoot and Inov-8 make my favorite ultralight shoes; Montane eVent is my preferred choice for a rain jacket (not the best on the market, but the best value eVent), etc…

Tim Haynes

@timalan

Locale: Mid Atlantic

I just noticed that since my first post, they dropped the price of the Montane Mohawk eVent jacket from $220 to $150… retail is $500, and right now, they have it in all sizes from S-XXL…

Despite the weight being ~16oz (listed as 16.4, I found a reviewer who weighed an actual sample at 15.8), in my experience the bomberproof eVent and breathability are worth it. I've got an earlier version of a similar Montane jacket (same eVent fabric), and it has been awesome and stood up to 2.5 years of abuse without flinching.

I value multipurpose gear, and a good eVent jacket is one that I wear every day for around town and on the trail when hiking… saves space in the closet and the wallet.

Mo Rodopsky
    BPL Member

@rhodopean

Thank You very much! I don't need another eVent jacket,but ordered the Montane Lite-Speed instead! I was already registered,so sorry for not using your invite.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools