Topic

Alcohol stove for an Evernew 400ml Mug (EBY267)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Alcohol stove for an Evernew 400ml Mug (EBY267)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mark Cashmere
    BPL Member

@tinkrtoy

Locale: NEOH

Ah, adventures in stoving. Is the gram weenie (or MYOG'ing something similar) the best suited stove for a solo cook kit consisting of a Evernew 400ml mug? That seems to be where my research is leading me, but I am also thinking something that has a more direct flame might be good as well. Opinions? Time tested solutions utilizing said mug?

Still playing with scaling down from an original Jetboil PCS. I do ONLY FBC and instant coffee drank out of the cooking vessel leading me to the alure of the Evernew mug (i.e. max 12 ounces for any boil, but maybe 2 boils in the same sitting for breakfast).

TIA

James DeGraaf
    BPL Member

@jdegraaf

Locale: Bay Area

Have you considered the Caldera Cone for mug? I've seen some posts here about that alcohol set up and am generally impressed.
    I don't have this exact set up but there was another post here a while back linking to this excellent blog post about it.

Calder Cone and mug

I like the set up he has because it packs small and the stove focuses the heat the bottom of the mug rather than shooting it out the sides. The Cones are good a squeezing every BTU out of the alcohol stove and the wind screen is amazing at being a wind screen.
    I hope this doesn't complicate the matter for you but just another option.
    -James

Mark Cashmere
    BPL Member

@tinkrtoy

Locale: NEOH

Thanks for the suggestion, James. I briefly saw that they had a setup for these mugs, but I hadn't found a decent write-up like the link you provided. I will be checking it out further.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools