Topic

Converting bbcode to html?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Converting bbcode to html?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

I just posted a trip report in bbcode on another forum, but this forum uses html. Is there an easy way to convert the entire text block? I don't want to re-do everything again.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Posting trip reports here is so time consuming and difficult for us mere mortals. I suggest you just post a link to it.

Jeremy and Angela
    BPL Member

@requiem

Locale: Northern California

A link is easiest, but I'd suggest using a text editor with a good search/replace function (e.g. notepad++). As long as your formatting isn't too complex it should be relatively straightforward.

Or, just try this: http://bbcode-to-html.com/
    (I haven't tried it, just saw it via Google.)

A table of common replacements is here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

I will just re-copy all of the links in html from photobucket and copy all of the text in. It's not a big deal, but I was hoping there was an easier solution.

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

I tried that link and it worked great!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools