Topic

insulated hood pattern?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear insulated hood pattern?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eric Lavering

@lave

Locale: Western Montana

I finally got my kinsman pullover from thru-hiker all cut out and ready to sew. Looking at the new hooded cocoons made me really want to add a hood. Does anyone know where I could find a pattern for an insulated hood? Or do I just have to wing it?

I've already decided to make another kinsman with momentum90 and primaloft one after this first attempt, so if I do have to make my own pattern I'll just look at this as an opportunity to work out the kinks.

Thanks!
    -Eric

Frank Deland

@rambler

Locale: On the AT in VA

Look for a stand alone insulated hood pattern at Rayway.com (Ray Jardin's website) He calls it a "Bomber Hat". Golite used to sell a similar hood.
    http://www.ray-way.com/bomber/index.shtml

Bill Thomas

@hobycat

Look at the pattern at Thru-hiker. URL is http://www.thru-hiker.com/workshop.asp?subcat=4&cid=76

I've used the pattern for a couple of ponchos and plan on using it for my next insulated jacket. Suggest you first make a test hood from inexpensive material. I had to make some adjustments to the pattern to get it to fit better to the poncho.

bill t

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Would LOVE to see the results and know how it goes. I'm going to be sewing a kinsman or maxima with a hood and only a half zip or snaps soon and I haven't been able to quite make up my mind which one I want. I'm going to try the climashield insulation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools