Dec 29, 2012 at 10:38 pm #1297484
Eric BlumensaadtBPL Member
@danepackerLocale: Mojave Desert
OK, I've never published a list here B/C I felt my 3 season list was too boring.
But here is my winter list, which may even be helpful.
1. BAG> a. Mt'n Hardware -20 F. synthetic (Polarguard Delta) a big & heavy bag
b. Caribou Mt'neering -5 F. synthetic regular Polarguard & needle-punched reflective Mylar layer
c. WM overfilled Megalite W/ down mummy "bag topper" attatched (est. to 10 F. W/insulated clothing)
a. Thermarest Trail Pro reg.
b. Thermarest (old 3/4 length standard W/ Ridgerest beneath)
1. Scarp 2 modded specifically for winter (see my post on this)
2. Eureka 3 person Wind River dome (an ancient tent W/ fiberglass poles)
1. Dana Designs Terraplane
2. CamelBak Commander highly modified W/ stays, padded waistbelt, side pockets, bottom straps, etc.
1. MSR Dragonfly & plastic base
2. Trail Designs ti Sidewinder W/ Inferno gassifier wood burner insert
3. large JetBoil pot
4. aluminum lid (W/aneroid thermometer handle for baking)
5. Outback Oven fibrglass cloth "yurt" shaped oven
1. Asnes Norwegian Army touring skis (yes, all white) Voile release bindings, Vasque heavy leather 3 pin boots
2. Atomic TM 22 tele skis, Voile release bidings, Scarpa 3 tele boots
3. MSR Lightning Ascent 30" snowshoes W/ 5" tail extensions
4. Atlas 700 series 30" snowshoes
5. Sorel felt pacs W/ thin neoprene dive sox for VBL
6. Timberland insulated leather hunting boots
7. Cabela's GTX knee high gaiters
1. EMS GTX mountain parka W/attatched hood
2. LL Bean camo hunting parka W/removable hood
1. LL Bean GTX camo pants
2. The North Face WPB ski pants
3. Cabela's insulated GTX ski pants
(all pants have knee high side zips)
MID LAYER: (mainly for camp)
Brigade Quartermaster Thermolite Micro insulated coat and pants (VERY warm and used to supplement WM Megalite down bag if necessary.)
4. Cabela's GTX gloves W/ removable liners (5 fleece liners available)
5. O-R GTX mitten shells
a. EMS TWO layer fleece mittens
b. Dachstein boiled wool mittens
1. various light knit XC ski hats
2. Himalaya knit & fleece lined "Peruvian" hat
3. OR light Peruvian style hat
4. neoprene face mask
4. Turtle Fur fleece neck/face gaiter
5. snow camo fleece balaclava
1. Cabela's exped. wt. polyester 2 pc. long johns
2. military heavy polypro 2 pc. long johns
3. light polyester 2 pc. long johns
4. light polyester thin glove liners – 3 pr.
5. thin polypro liner sox
6. thin neoprene diver's sox
7. Heavy wool/acrylic sleeping sox
Th,th,that's all FolksJan 6, 2013 at 8:48 pm #1941359
Tjaard BreeuwerBPL Member
@tjaardLocale: Minnesota, USA
I have read many of your posts and you seem to put some thought and experience into your gear choices.
So, with that in mind, where's the list? The above is not a gear list, it is an inventory of your gear room.
What would be interesting is a list, with the conditions/goals it is designed for. That is: why you chose one item over another, and how they work together.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.