Topic

where to find 1.5inch no-pull buckle, 1.5inch ladder lock?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear where to find 1.5inch no-pull buckle, 1.5inch ladder lock?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Matt Mioduszewski
    BPL Member

@water-2

Locale: pacific nw

hello,

trying to find the hardware to replicate a hipbelt that looks like the picture below for a hipbelt webbing 1.5inches thick. Maybe I am using the wrong terminology or something (please let me know)..having trouble finding this hardware.

thanks

hipbelt

Paul McLaughlin
    BPL Member

@paul-1

1.5 ladderlocs here:

http://www.owfinc.com/hardware.html

Any 1.5 side release can be used like that – just sew it into a fixed loop. OWF has 1.5 side release

Matt Mioduszewski
    BPL Member

@water-2

Thanks for the feedback and link! I am still looking for buckles like that in the picture.. not a single or dual pull buckle, but really just one that buckles w/o any pull. though i am sure a dual/single pull buckle setup can suffice, would be nice to find one like the above.

thanks

David Scheidt

@dscheidt

the pictured component is a an ITW nexus Jet SR something or other. Where you can get one, I don't know, but ITW will sell you a thousand or so….

Matt Mioduszewski
    BPL Member

@water-2

David,

Holy wow you found it spot on–it is the ITW SR Jet Winch.. yada yada. And yes, obtaining a 1.5inch buckle and accompanying ladderloc seems darn near impossible.. so…any help from anyone obtaining this? I keep speaking with their distributors but getting a run around since I don't want to buy 1000 of them.. :)

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

Matt,

Nexus used to send samples if one requested them. I've done this a couple of times.

Current site doesn't say much about this so I think they have tightened up their policy.

here

On their "contact us" page, however, they still refer to samples.

I'm sure their intention is to provide samples to companies that might buy a lot in the future. But who knows.

Perhaps Matt from the Matt Supply Company should request a sample via the contact form. (The Matt Supply Company's vision is to supply Matt with anything he desires).

Daryl

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools