Topic

2012 Mariposa Sizing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 2012 Mariposa Sizing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Perry

@jonperry4

Hey all,

I'm looking for a little input on GG's advertised sizing for the Mariposa, as my torso length is right on the edge between medium and large. I measure at 18.5", and the medium is rated at 16"-19" (the large is 19"-22"). Anyone have any experience with how GG's sizing runs? I've never used one of their packs.

Thanks,

-Jon

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I would say if you are between sizes the general rule is to size up especially if you ever plan on using it without the stay. A pack that is too short in the torso is just painful.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Based on my experience, the newer GG packs seem to run bigger. I used to get a large, but now I'm in a medium. Hey, if it doesn't fit, you can always swap it. Or get them to send both, and send one back.

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

With a pack with a frame/stay go with the bigger size

scott rebello
    Spectator

@scottrebello

Just my experience but Im exactly 18.5" and I had to send mine back for the smaller size. Even loaded up the shoulder straps didnt touch my shoulders. I measured at home and with the devices at REI since I was sure I needed the larger size.
    YMMV but my 2 cents. Love the pack.

Loren Baginski

@bags4266

I bought a med and a large as gifts. The large was to big for my son after he measured for a large. I wound up keeping the large for myself.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools