Topic

Overnight testing experience with down quilt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Overnight testing experience with down quilt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Piney
    BPL Member

@drewjh-2

It's been mentioned, but the draft issue is easy to fix. Just slide your pad inside the top 1/2-2/3 of the quilt and adjust the straps so that the sides of the quilt tuck under the pad a few inches. You can then roll around inside the quilt as much as you want without drafts. It is a bit trickier to seal the top around your neck when you do this but it can be done.

Anthony Weston
    BPL Member

@anthonyweston

Locale: Southern CA

xx

Pedro Arvy
    BPL Member

@pedroarvy

Locale: Melbourne

If this happens again, try doing situps until you warm up. That should stir up quite a bit of heat. This will keep you warm until you wake. Once you are cold its hard to warm up by adding layers.

Don Selesky
    Spectator

@backslacker

I used a Nunatak 5F quilt last winter on a trip where it was getting fairly close to 0F. I was sleeping in shelter, and started off with the quilt straps under the pad. As I wad getting cool with this setup I moved the straps directly under me, and that made a bid difference in how warm I was. Basically, you need some way to seal off the quilt so that drafts don't sap the warm air from around you. The Nunatak quilt comes with UL straps that snap together, and allow you to tighten them as much as necessary.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools