Topic

New 2.8 liter water bags at Goodwill $1.79

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals New 2.8 liter water bags at Goodwill $1.79

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I was in a local (Seattle area) Goodwill and found new 2.8 liter water bladders for $1.79 each. They are new stock that Goodwill has brought in, not a donation. UPC 846014005064

Weight is 1.2 ounces with the cap. Looks just like a Platypus. And it mates perfectly with my Sawyer Squeeze water filter. This would be prefect for a gravity setup with the Sawyer. A paper punch will make good holes in the bottom edge for hanging. Should make a decent pillow bladder too.

Water bladder

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

happy holidays!

Alex Wallace
    BPL Member

@feetfirst

Locale: Sierra Nevada North

Did they have smaller (e.g. 1L) sizes? Regardless, good find.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

If I saw others, I would have bought a batch and bragged on that too :)

All said and done, you don't have to completely fill a larger container and at 1.2oz, it hardly tips the scale over. This size would be great for Scouts, families and other small groups. I was delighted to find that they fit my Sawyer filter.

Edward Jursek
    BPL Member

@nedjursekgmail-com

Thanks, Dale! As a Seattle resident and frequent Goodwill shopper I just bought 4 of these. I use a Sawyer in-line set-up with a Platy bag but will be trying the Sawyer Squeeze next, so this may be a good solution for the always-out-of-stock Evernew bags. I think the only question now is how durable are these cheap Goodwill bags? They certainly seem stout enough for a gravity system. Let us know how they fair as squeeze bags if you test them out.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

I did try squeezing one with the Sawyer and it felt okay, but it is $1.79! It is big enough that rolling seems to be the way to go as it gets low. Perfect for gravity systems

Hoot Filsinger
    BPL Member

@filsinger

George Maung
    Spectator

@georgemaung

Locale: BayArea
    J-L
    BPL Member

@johnnyh88

Good find, Dale. I got some of the 2.8L ones from Ebay. They seem to work fine with my Sawyer filter too. Down side is I measured their volume to only be about 2 – 2.25L

I also got one of the 5L bladders linked to above. It is just like a giant Platypus and also seems to work with my Sawyer filter. I didn't weigh it and now it's all wet, but its volume is right at 5L.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools