Topic

Nikon SO1 Camera

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Nikon SO1 Camera

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Remington Roth
    BPL Member

@remjroth

Locale: Atlantic Coast

Has anyone used one of these?
    I've been considering taking the plunge. At 3.4 oz with over 7gb of internal memory, it seems like it might be my new backpacking camera. I'm not a guy who carries a giant camera. Any opinions on this? I'll share a link:

http://shop.nikonusa.com/store/nikonusa/en_US/pd/ThemeID.18145600/productID.255337300

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I haven't had any experience with the new Nikon SO1 but my new Olympus TG 1 is just about THE best waterproof point and shoot camera on the market. Its F2 lens and many shot options plus being able to add filters and lenses make it ideal for backpacking and other outdoor activities. Read the reviews online.

Christopher Kuzak

@kc

It's tough to find a camera since there are so many different–and different quality–options. I was forced to look for a new one after my beloved Canon a590 started giving me blurry pictures (I was told the light sensor was going out). After weeks of reading reviews I opted for a sony cybershot 70 due to its weight, battery life, and picture quality. Just got it yesterday but it seems to deliver great pictures at less than 4 ounces with the battery. Hope it pans out in terms of battery life. Doesn't help you at all but I hope things work out.

Kimberly Wersal
    BPL Member

@kwersal

Locale: Western Colorado

Well, I HOPE it's a decent little camera, since Santa is bringing me one for Christmas… My old Konica Minolta point and shoot is getting pretty battered, and this looked like an even lighter, affordable option. The price dropped conveniently to under $100 in time for Christmas.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"Well, I HOPE it's a decent little camera"

But, it has a non-removable battery. That means non-replaceable. That means that if the battery dies when you are out on the trail somewhere, you can't just pop in another battery to continue.

Are you sure that's what you had in mind?

–B.G.–

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

Might as well bring a full-size and get some amazing pictures rather than bring something a little worse than an iPhone camera ;) but that's a photographer's perspective. I've trimmed my DSLR setup down as light as possible.

Robert Carver
    BPL Member

@rcarver

Locale: Southeast TN

I purchased one a coupe of months ago and I really like it. It does what I want it to do. Take pictures of my trip. I'm not attempting to be a professional photographer. I really like the size and the weight of it.

Kimberly Wersal
    BPL Member

@kwersal

Locale: Western Colorado

Frankly, photography isn't a big interest of mine. My current 3.2 megapixel camera has taken some lovely pictures documenting my trips, which is what I am looking for. I will be disappointed if the S01 can't at least equal my 3.2 camera….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools