Topic

GG Gorilla 2012 vs ULA Ohm hip belt and shoulder strap comfort

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) GG Gorilla 2012 vs ULA Ohm hip belt and shoulder strap comfort

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JAMES CALL
    BPL Member

@conductor

Locale: Sierra Nevada

My girlfriend is considering either the GG Gorilla 2012 or the ULA Ohm. Both packs have their pluses and minuses. What would tip the scale in either direction would be the relative comfort of the hip belt and shoulder straps. Are there any women users of these packs that have used these packs and would care to comment? Also are there any other contenders that women particularly like?
    Thx
    Conductor

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

PM sent

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

I've not had the pleasure of using an ULA pack yet, but I've taken my 2012 gorilla on several short weekend trips, the longest a 4-day 50 mile hike that involved a lot of rock scrambling.

I have suffered for SO long with shoulder pads that destroy my collarbones…during my summer 8-day trip to the Wind Rivers my osprey exos actually gave me open sores :(

I bought a gorilla this year to try a semi-frameless pack and I never knew a pack could be soooo comfortable to wear! The hip belt is great and I do not even notice that I even have shoulder straps. I am athletically built, not skinny nor fat…5'7" and about 150 pounds…the medium/medium is ever so slightly too big, but I think that it works for me.

So a very enthusiastic thumbs up for the Gorilla from a chick.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools