Topic

Pepsi-Chimney stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Pepsi-Chimney stove

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Yukio Yamakawa

@jsbjsb

Locale: Tokyo,JAPAN

Nec_0034c あの有名な、ペプシ缶ストーブをブラッシュアップして21世紀に再登場させました。

中央部分での酸欠現象を、煙突を設置して排除に成功。クリーンな燃焼を達成しました。底面から吸気しています。改良する点はまだ多く残っていますが、ver.1.0にします

煙突外周と外筒下部にガラス繊維などを巻きつけるとさらに早い気化作用を促して、素早い加熱が出来ます。必要な燃料容量から計って、高さを決めて下さい。全高で60mmぐらいです。

Sspc_stove_1

左側は、改良前  右側は、改良後 高さを低くしました。45mmです。煙突部分に切れ目を入れてあります。下からの空気との混合を良くするように羽根の形に工夫してあります。

James Pitts

@jjpitts

Locale: Midwest US

My thoughts exactly!

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

Maybe our experienced stove designers will understand the significance of his design. Here's a crude translation..
    Miguel, help please?

Rough translation..
    Regarding the famous pepsi-can stoves from the 21st century, there is usually an oxygen deficiency. Installing a smokestack in the center removes this problem. Clean combustion is achieved.
    Inhalation (of oxygen) takes place at the base. There are still many points to be improved, but this is designated version 1.0.
    Fiberglass insulation is wound around the outer part of the smokestack, inducing quick evaporation(of fuel). It is about 60mm in total height.
    The left side(picture?) shows the old 60mm model. The right side(picture?) shows the improved low 45 mm model.
    A break(vent?) is inserted in the smokestack part. In order to improve the mixture of air(with fuel), it (the vent?) is devised in a feather shape.

edited: replaced cm with mm

Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

I was looking at doing something similar a couple of years ago when I started making pepsi a cat stoves. Was going to make a combination of a pika type stove with a chimney but thought it would be difficult to seal the ring at the bottm for fuel. Obviously these guys have managed it-would be great to see some plans/detailed drawings

ian wright

@ianwright

Locale: Photo - Mt Everest - 1980

60 millimetres is what you meant !

I'd like to see larger photos for the detail
    as it seems to be burning very efficiently.

Jozu desu ne !

Yukio Yamakawa

@jsbjsb

Locale: Tokyo,JAPAN

Up2

diameter=65mm   hight=45mm

My Hp is below.

http://homepage1.nifty.com/jsb

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools