Topic

Evernew water bladders

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Evernew water bladders

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Marc Eldridge
    BPL Member

@meld

Locale: The here and now.

Just preordered at Gossamer Gear.

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

Nice.

If I remember correctly, these are the ones that play nicely with the Sawyer Squeeze water filters (because matching threads), and possibly present a more durable/ideal solution compared to the bags Sawyer packages with the Squeeze.

To expand on the Sawyer bags based on personal experience: I've noticed that they have rather thin walls, which aren't very abrasion resistant. They are also rather rigid (almost crinkly) and have somewhat sharp edges at the bottom, which frequently results in the edges getting caught in/tearing the mesh pockets of my pack. Being opaque is also something of a disadvantage, too – I'd like to be able to see how dirty or not dirty the interior of the bag is. Something I have not experienced, but have read a few reports of on the forums: busted seams resulting in leaky bags.

I'd be pretty happy to replace the Sawyer bags with something else, and the evernew bladders seem to be the only viable, non-rigid option on the market (that I'm aware of).

Guy Trek
    BPL Member

@trek_guy

I love the Squeeze, but would also recommend a different dirty water bag be used. My buddy's ruptured this summer after its third or fourth use. My Platypus bag held up great, with a very minor weight penalty.

Darrin Boring

@tupelo

Thanks Marc E for the heads up. just ordered two!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools