Topic

JCPenney Down Puffer Jacket $30 Clearance

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals JCPenney Down Puffer Jacket $30 Clearance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Knight

@thomask702

Locale: Sothern Nevada

Just stopped by my local savers and picked one of these up brand new for $15. Checked them out online when i got home and they are on clearance right now for $30, regularly $60.

Size large with no modification came in at 9.8oz / 277 grams.

Nylon shell and liner with 90% Goose down, and comes with a stuff sack which says 650fp. The jacket compresses very nicely and is warm. feels almost like you aren't wearing anything at all. Very wind resistant using the arm out the window method. My local JC Penney had all sizes in all colors.

-Thomas

Phillip Asby
    BPL Member

@pgasby

Locale: North Carolina

That looks like a pretty good bang for the buck buy compared to the Costco puffers which I was considering.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

I happened to be in the godawful store that is JCP last week shopping for formal duds, anyways, I saw their cheap puffys, and they are cheeeeeap, but maybe worth the sale price if you're looking for something to beat up on a shoestring budget.

This would be a puffy you could wear around a raging campfire with no concern of ember holes, or spilled whiskey or coffee, meal dribble all over your chest…etc. Inexpensive, lightweight warmth.

I tried on the Medium, too short in the arms for my 6' frame and odd in the torso length, tried on the Large, way too roomy in the torso area and the arm length was acceptable, but the sleeves fit like a sloppy mess. The puffy has elastic cuffs like the Nanopuff, but they're ridiculously loose to the point of not even functioning, unless you have plump sausage wrists. A safety pin could fix that for the sewing challenged, or a scissor and some needle and thread.

The good news? They're inexpensive, will do the job for mild temperatures, and come in black most importantly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools