Topic

Anyone using Neoshell

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Anyone using Neoshell

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Hi folks,

Anyone have any experience with and can do ohare it to other Wpb materials.

Thanks,

Stephen

greg c

@spindrifter

Hi Stephen,

I cannot offer any direct insights on this material as I don't own a piece yet. However, I have been researching it intensively of late and it does seem like a better mousetrap. From all accounts it is durably waterproof and breathes significantly better than the standard WPB fabrics. Polartech is coming out with a lighter material with the same membrane in 2013 and will be seen in the RAB Myriad shell, among others. It still won't be superlight, but given the apparent improvement in breathability over the hard shells, I may be pulling the trigger. Also, Neoshell won a guide's choice award from American Alpine Institute. I believe their evaluations have more credibility than some others, and thus I became even more curious about the fabric. Good luck with your search.

Greg

http://www.guideschoice.com/SitePage.asp?ipage=104

Charles Jennings
    Spectator

@vigilguy

Locale: Northern Utah

I own the Westcomb Apoc with Neoshell.

It is pricey, but I have either sold off my eVent shells or let them sit in the closet, as I love the feel of the Neoshell stuff. It is noticeably more breathable, in my experience than eVent, and softer too. No problems with water repellancy.

I wash it frequently with Nikwax Tech wash, then treat the DWR. Very satisfied.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Hi Greg,

I am after ordering EMS's own brand hard shell jacket and salopettes, I will definiltey use the jacket for winter backpacking and maybe use the Saopettes for skiing and snowshoeing.

I will report back soon as to how I find the breathability.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Hi Charles,

Thats good to know u are egtign on well with the APOC. I loked at the Shift Hoody and that was really nice.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I have a RAB neoshell I bought last year. Haven't been out in cold enough weather to use it, though.

I'd sell it for $250 if you're interested. I think it's a medium, but I'd have to check when I get home to be sure.

Edit: It's a large, not a medium.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Hi Doug,

Thanks for that but ordered an Ems one already.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools