Topic

Meter for HH tester

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Meter for HH tester

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

While working on a fabric hydrostatic head tester along the lines posted here by Lance Marshall, I noted that his blood pressure cuff gauge/meter, and others like bicycle and rubber ducky pump gauge/meters, all run to a high PSI, sometimes in the hundreds.

Since the PSI on the fabric tester will be just a few PSI, they don't register well on the above mentioned gauge/meters.

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced gauge or meter, air or water but preferably air, that goes from zero to just a few PSI?

If you do, any information, including sources, would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, I'm going to be constantly running up and down to check the height of water on a suspended tube.
    Would rather be out hiking or snowshoeing to get exercise.

Thanks,
    SCF

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

A blood pressure cuff goes to about 330 mm of mercury, which is about 4490 mm of water.

I thought 3000 to 4000 mm H2O was a pretty good target.

What am I missing?

Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

Greg,
    You are right. I see now that I misread Lance M.'s photos and captions.
    The cuff meter will work AOK.
    Thank you very much.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

PM sent.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools