Topic

Sewing some sil onto a SMD perimeter skirt myog bathtub?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Sewing some sil onto a SMD perimeter skirt myog bathtub?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

I have been looking at the SMD wild oasis with the stock insect netting skirt.

Does anyone know a clever and easy way to make a bathtub effect with some 30d silnylon?

And oasis

Jon Holthaus
    BPL Member

@t25hatch

John over at Bear Paw Design has done this for a very reasonable cost, however if it's myog I'd assume it would be decently simple making a pattern, have a 1/2 seam allowance and sewing directly to it, adding zipper along bottom so it can open all of the way up.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/reviews/display_reviews.html?forum_thread_id=40033

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

Sew the bathrub floor – sew up the 4 corners

Hem the edge

Sew on velcro pieces

Sew velcro pieces to netting

Maybe 1" square velcro at corners and a few places in between

michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

Thanks, I will update this thread if I do it myself, i've never sewn but my giflfriend knows how. Seems like a fairly simple project though, with 2-3 ounce gain.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools