Topic

An old used film cannister

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear An old used film cannister

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    . Callahan
    BPL Member

@aeronautical

Locale: London, UK.

I too have recently read of the dangers of chemical residue being present in film containers.

Even after washing thoroughly!

elias heyns

@chiefcrazytalk

i once packed one full of airsoft BB's and put a firecracker in the middle, poked a hole in the top for a fuse and glued the top on with pvc cement. it blew up pretty nice with a good 6 foot radius.
    you could probably use these to take out the rodents living under the shelter you are about to sleep in, or those national park squirrels that won't leave you alone.

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Locale: Northern California

Carcases of small rodents, littering the woods… Not exactly LNT camping.

Christopher Holden
    BPL Member

@back2basics

Locale: Southeast USA

Isn't it illegal to possess/use fireworks in the national parks? This backcountry terrorism will have the squirrels making alliances with the larger critters to drag you down to the river for some good old fashioned waterboarding.

elias heyns

@chiefcrazytalk

"Carcases of small rodents, littering the woods… Not exactly LNT camping."

haha!
    national parks aren't exactly low impact… same with the AT. leave no trace, except for a lean-to every 8 miles and we'll paint a tree every 20 feet. if they where truely following a leave no trace ethic rodents wouldn't be a problem. :)

Jeremiah Burton

@madman1892

I have a full fishing kit in an old film canister

. Callahan
    BPL Member

@aeronautical

Locale: London, UK.

Unused medical sample bottles, (urine sample bottles) are larger than film cannisters, air and liquid tight, transparent, hold windproof matches without cutting them down, are freely available for the asking and weigh nothing!

Their uses are limited by imagination only! (o:

Dan Baker
    BPL Member

@heeler

Locale: Victoria, Australia

I use one as part of my 50g (1.76 oz) 2 micron water filter…

Which I follow up with my steripen adventurer with platypus adapter to give me peace of mind.

rhonda rouyer

@rrouyer

Locale: deep south

first aid kit

Yukio Yamakawa

@jsbjsb

Locale: Tokyo,JAPAN

I have to remind alcohol uses. Alcohol into the first advance, the film canister, put a lump of felt would raise the carbon to absorb the same amount of time. TRINITY LIGHT STOVE Set to burn.

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools