Topic

Waterproof(-ish) running leggings

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Waterproof(-ish) running leggings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Einstein X
    BPL Member

@einsteinx

Locale: The Netherlands

Hey BPL,

It's been about a year ago since I was here. Feels good to be back!

Last weekend I was doing my weekend cycling tour. It was a rather wet and cold tour and because of that I had a great time. However, my running leggings that I wear over my cycling shorts wasn't exactly wind proof, let alone waterproof. So now I would like to get a new pair of leggings that I can use for running, skating and maybe even a small Adventure Race. What I would like to have though is leggings that are wind proof to keep my legs warm, but highly breathable as well. I'd also like it to be highly water repelling.

I have a Polartec Power Shield jacket that should be water repellent, but really isn't, so I don't like Power Shield very much. I also have an Eider Wind defender jacket that I do really like because of its water repellent abilities, but I think that fabric won't work well as a running legging.

Suggestions?

Eins

Aaron Lehoux

@aaronjayl

Locale: Southern Maine

Just got these a few weeks ago and we haven't had any real cold wet weather since, but so far I'm really liking The North Face Climateblock Tights. They're pretty warm and they're breathable in all the right places. Bought them for runs where the weather will be a little more than my Smartwool Hyfi tights can handle.

http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/sc-gear/men-39-s-apex-climateblock-tight.html?cm_vc=Search

R K
    Spectator

@oiboyroi

Locale: South West US
    Einstein X
    BPL Member

@einsteinx

Hey Aaron,

Those thights do look pretty good indeed! It took me a while to find them though, since TNF's website first directed me to their Dutch website and it seems these tights are not for sale in the Netherlands. Eventually found them on the US website.

Probably means I cant try them before I buy them. :(

Eins

Einstein X
    BPL Member

@einsteinx

The Fox Wear leggings seem nice, but I doubt about the Polartec fabrics, since in my experience they do not repel water.

Eins

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA
    Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

You can order the TNF tights on Zappos.com; they have free returns if you don't like them.

Einstein X
    BPL Member

@einsteinx

I like the Salomons. Always did like Salomon.

Eins

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools