Topic

How do the Sea to Summit sleeping bag liners increase warmth?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) How do the Sea to Summit sleeping bag liners increase warmth?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Bob Salcedo

@baughb

Locale: So Cal.

I have personally found that with my bag (Marmot Pinnacle)the liner which is Sea to Summit's alleged 25 degree liner, I was much warmer than with the bag itself.

Since I don't "feel" in Fahrenheit or Celsius I can only say that I was much warmer and cozier while a light dusting of snow was going on outside my tent's wall.

With my quilt, I found the liner to be much less effective so I don't bother with it.

I almost always sleep with merino long sleeve and full length leggings along with some synthetic fleece socks.

Now what I did a few times this summer was to use a homemade fleece bag with the liner and it was fine for a "chilly" night. Really light but puffier than my other setups.

Bob

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools