Topic

Lands End Primaloft Nano Puff Clone?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Lands End Primaloft Nano Puff Clone?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

We were in a Sears store today and I was looking over the Lands End goodies and found a jacket and vest with Primaloft insulation and built much like the Patagonia Nano Puff line. I guesstimate the weight to be a few ounces more as the shell fabric felt a bit heavier. $89 and currently 40% off and free shipping over $50. Note the tall sizes available.

Jacket: http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-primaloft-packable-jacket~246232_59.html

Vest: http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-primaloft-packable-vest~246233_-1.html

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

It is about the same thickness as a Nano and nowhere near a Micro Puff. They state the fill is 100-gram Primaloft, which could still be wrong. I thought it was good to see a run-of-the-mill supplier get something light out.

Lucas Boyer
    BPL Member

@jhawkwx

Locale: 38.97ËšN, 95.26ËšW

Doesn't mention a drawcord at waist, which is a big deal breaker for me. For the money, you could diy one though. Wonder how light the vest is? Nano Vest w/ 60g primaloft comes in at 8.6 oz and this is 100 g. I think I am holding out for a mont bell thermawrap vest, which I think the premium price for the weight savings is prob. the better deal.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools