Topic

wild things equipment old-school primaloft sweaters

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals wild things equipment old-school primaloft sweaters

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Richard Fischel
    BPL Member

@ricko

i am unabashed fan of wild things kit. i have a number of items of theirs and have always been more than satisfied with performance. they are currently running a sale on their old style (pre relaunch) primaloft sweater, which up until today had not been part of their new lineup. it comes with/without hood and for just over $80, it's a pretty good price for a jacket that should be pretty warm.

check it out – http://www.wildthingsgear.com/wild-things/shop/heritage-primaloft-sweaters.html

Pete Acker
    BPL Member

@pka45

I'm looking for what they weigh, and what thickness (g/m2) of Primaloft this is – I see that it has 4 oz of insulation, but do you have any idea what that translates to?

Looks like a nice piece, though…

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

4oz primaloft is short for 4oz/yd^2 and the conversion factor is roughly 34 to g/m2. In other words 100g/m2=3oz/yd.

This link says the sweaters are basically two 1.8oz layers (so really 3.6oz of PL, not 4) and that they weigh 1lb 5oz (600g) in the hooded version. Less obviously for the non-hood and vest.
    http://www.lorsey.com/store-products-Primaloft-Primaloft-Sweaters–Vests_1096096655.html

Pete Acker
    BPL Member

@pka45

Thanks for answering that for me – and for the math education!

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

the patagonia nano puff has 60g and the micro puff has 100g of primaloft insulation for comparison

28.3495 grams = 1 ounce :-)

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

Unrelated to the deal, but the custom windpro fleece hoodies they offer – wow that's cool.

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

The camo hoodie looks sweet.

Richard Fischel
    BPL Member

@ricko

a friend has the winter camo with the gray interior it looks really cool. the pattern is such that you don't get pegged as an airsoft guy or mall ninja.

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

I got this from Wild Thing

"I just weighed the Hooded Sweater in a Medium it comes in at 1 lb 6.2 oz.
    The measurement is 4 oz per square yard of Primaloft.
    Converts to approximately 112 gms per square yard.
    Leigh"

Maris L
    BPL Member

@ablaut

For anyone else who has trouble converting units in their head (like me) – 4 oz/yd = ~124 g/m.

Unless the garment really has only two 1.8oz layers sandwiched like Dustin noted, then it's 3.6 oz/yd = ~112 g/m

Anyone have any experience with the hoodies?

Erik Bresnahan
    BPL Member

@erikinduluth

Locale: the shores of lake gitchigumi

Does anyone knows if the sweater is made in America? All of the other jackets on the site say in the specs that they are USA made. The sweater leaves that phrase out. Just wondering.

Lucas Boyer
    BPL Member

@jhawkwx

Locale: 38.97ËšN, 95.26ËšW

Does anyone know if this thing has a drawcord at the waist? Doesn't mention it on website.
    Can't imagine an insulation layer without one.

Answer: NO, does not have a drawcord in waist hem. Bummer. Prob. could MYOG it.

Maris L
    BPL Member

@ablaut

Dear Maris,

~The PrimaLoft is PrimaLoft sport, and there are two 1.8oz layers as you suspected.

~There is no drawcord or elastic at the waist.

~The hood on the hooded version is helmet-compatible, which means it *should* fit over any helmet you would be wearing.

~I don't have the average weight of this particular garment, but the Insulight Hoody (which has 2 oz of insulation) weighs, on average, 1lb 5 ounces.

~The jackets are, indeed, made in the USA, right in Newark, NJ to be precise.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Stay Wild!

Wild Things Retail

Erik Bresnahan
    BPL Member

@erikinduluth

Locale: the shores of lake gitchigumi

Thank you Maris. I had sent an email on Monday concerning where it was made and hadn't heard back.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools