Topic

Rain Mitts

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Rain Mitts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stuart Burke

@burkest

Locale: Collegiate Peaks Wilderness

After getting caught in a early season thunder storm last weekend on a day hike I decided that rain mitts would be a really nice thing to have. I want to buy a pair of MLD eVent rain mitts but I do not have the money to spare. I do have scrap fabric and time so I decided to try to make a pair of mitts based on the MLD design. I had to make three patterns in succesion to get the sizing correct. These pictures are from the third pair I made. I made them out of some cheap ripstop I got at walmart. I am going to make a pair out of some scrap epic I have next. I am not expecting the epic pair to be water-proof, I just want something to keep water from running down my sleeves while I am using my trekking poles.

Rob Mcrae

@emptyman

Locale: the other, big Ontario

Nice going! I made 'rain gloves' by simply applying Granger's waterproofing (same as for shoes) to some old mitts. It seems to do the trick for beading water, but obviously not water proof.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools