Topic

Need 3000 ci pack for 4 season

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Need 3000 ci pack for 4 season

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    James Augustine
    BPL Member

@chirodr

Locale: Southern California

Looking at GoLite Infinity, like pockets, need to carry bear canister, crampons, ice axe. Help…. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much,

Jim Augustine

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

may, or may not, be a better choice, but at least, if you haven’t done so already, check out the GossamerGear Mariposa pack – larger volume, much lighter weight. also, the SixMoonDesigns Starlite pack, the GraniteGear VaporTrail, ULA packs (Fusion, & P-2). All have internal frames; some (all???), removeable if desired.

Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

While not “UltraLight” there is the Cold Cold World Chernobyl. I have the larger Chaos. I contacted the owner and he can make the pack with Spectra and leave off components, for minimal expense if you like to lose weight. I talked to him about it before and I think you could get the pack to 2lbs or less while still being a robust 4 season pack.

Sasha Rice

@rice

I remember once reading about someone that used the ULA P2 for thru-hiking the AT and also it won a award from backpacking magazine so I think this would be a system strong enough and durable enough for taking on hikes.

Walter Pickett
    BPL Member

@wpick

Hello

Maybe I’m a little late on the post, but I found the Mountainsmith Auspex an excellent lightweight pack.

Mine weighs just a hair under 4 lbs, has over 3000 ci, and is very comfortable with weights over 40 lbs.

Walter

david backes

@davidb

Just picked this lightweight bag up and look forward to using it in about 2 weeks. 3,200 ci. waterproof-Bomber material, tool tubes, crampon straps, extension skirt, 3 sizes to choose from, comfy straps & removable belt setup, removable lid, etc. Comes in around 3#. (If you want ultra-light, get the Spectra version.) The best customer service I’ve experienced in a long time. They will do custom work also. I bought this bag after previously buying an e-Vent jacket, which because of my size-6’6″, 52″ chest, they basically built custom, to my specs and did’nt charge me hardly anything extra for it. I have since bought a pair of e-Vent bibs and plan on a pair of powershield climbing pants as soon as my pocketbook allows. If you are looking for an innovative, top of the line, no B.S. made in the USA product, This Is It.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools