Topic

so what is wrong with being able to reply?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) so what is wrong with being able to reply?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

So is there any particular reason that as I am just a Forum member that I can post to some threads in a category and not others? Just came across this for about the 5th time in the Gear section.

Michael Duke

@mpd1690

Have you been signed in each time?

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

It auto remembers when I go to the website. I posted this thread, replied to another but could not reply to a third. There was literally no 'Post Reply' link or text.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

A specific example would help….

I just went through page 1 of Gear with no problems… able to post to every one.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

It's a known issue – was discussed briefly in another thread.

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

The BPL forum software is, in a word, poor. No one is trying to keep you from posting – it's a malfunction.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I agree that BPL software needs upgrading. If sites like Trailspace can offer a good forum experience for FREE then why can't BPL do it when it charges us???

Maybe BPL needs to be sold to someone more interested in site maintenance.

Just sayin'…

j lan

@justaddfuel

Locale: MN

It is strictly the threads appearing around the time when the spam bots were going crazy that you can't reply to.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools