Topic

Belt or Shoulder pockets

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Belt or Shoulder pockets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David Ure

@familyguy

nm

Brian Markey
    BPL Member

@bmlaw

Locale: Northeast

Granite Gear makes both. Check them out at their web site:

http://www.granitegear.com/products/accessories/packpockets/index.html

Brian Lewis

@brianle

Locale: Pacific NW

The latest email to Gossamer Gear customers says that they will be coming out with removeable waist belt pockets for all their packs, and more pack pocket options later.

I don't think a specific time table was given but I had the sense that it won't be too long.

I think this is a great idea — I like my new GG pack, but miss the waist pockets from my ULA pack. A removeable pocket (if not too heavy) allows you to alternate between using a part of precious waist-belt real estate either for general gear storage, or to add on-hip water haulage capacity depending on need.

Brian Lewis

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I like the ones provided by Zpacks. I also like the ones made by Six Moon Designs — and for those interested, it may be worthwhile to ask Ron Moak if he will sell those separately. To me, silnylon pockets provide all the functional advantages — including high rain resistance — with almost no added weight! For those who need a bit more to protect their cameras or GPS, it's a simple thing to line a silnylon pocket with a thin layer of bubble wrap.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools