Topic

Tarptent Stratospire solid inner?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tarptent Stratospire solid inner?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Foo Bar
    BPL Member

@schassey

Locale: Bay Area

Does anyone have one of these?

I'm trying to decide if I should order a Stratospire 2 with both inners, but am wondering how much of the 'solid' inner is constructed with mesh. Its clear that the top ~1/3 of the doors are mesh, but I'm wondering if the top/front/back of the inner is solid like the lower ~2/3rds of the sides, or if some portion of the roof, front or back is made of mesh as well..

The tarptent website doesn't show the solid inner all that clearly, and it would be great if any solid inner owners could shed some light on the situation.

Thanks!

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

The only mesh part is the triangle you can see in that picture, the rest is fabric.

Foo Bar
    BPL Member

@schassey

Locale: Bay Area

Thanks, Franco.

Mike W
    BPL Member

@skopeo

Locale: British Columbia

Is the solid portion of the inner made of silnylon or is it a breathable fabric? It's really hard to tell in the photo on Tarptents website and the description doesn't say what the solid portion of the inner is made out of.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Hi Mike
    Thank you for asking.
    I had a look at the FAQ page, no mention of that fabric at all .
    No, not silnylon but a breathable nylon, water resistant but not water proof.
    I guess Henry needs to add that info now that eight shelters have or can have some of that fabric.

Mike W
    BPL Member

@skopeo

Locale: British Columbia

Thanks Franco, that's what I was hoping you would say. I did a lot of searching on the web, trying to find out what material was used for the solid inner but can't find it anywhere. It would be good if Henry added it to his site as I'm sure there are others wondering about it as well. My Copper Spur and Fly Creek both have a breathable fabric on the non-mesh inner and I really like it. I'll be ordering the Notch early in the new year and wasn't sure about which inner to get. I like the sounds of the partially solid inner and your comments have made the decision a lot easier for me.

Henry Shires / Tarptent
    BPL Member

@07100

Locale: Upper Sierra Foothills - Gold Rush Country

Sorry about the material description omission. The fabric is 1.1-ounce 30d calendared ripstop nylon. We use the same fabric for the optional liners on the Moment, Rainbow, and Double Rainbow as well as the solid fabric interiors in the Scarp and StratoSpire series. The fabric is uncoated, windproof, and highly water repellent.

-H

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools