Topic

’12 JMT gear reflections

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals ’12 JMT gear reflections

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Josh Greninger

@travis-bickle

moved to Gear forum.

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Locale: Midwest -or- Rockies

What was all the clothing (worn and carried) that you took with you? How tall are you and how much do you weight, in what size Zpacks bag?

TIA

KJ

Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

Locale: Northern California

Not sure this belongs in gear deals, but think your reflections very interesting. Will use "watch this thread" and hope it works if you move it. (to Gear?)

Have you considered getting a two person quilt? Enlightened Equipment is now making them, and I've ordered one which should be here soon. Anticipate shared warmth will really up the efficiency, and of course, more importantly,…

Agree that food is mysterious. For me the magic food is high quality salami. No dithering about do you like your salami sliced thin or thick? Just bite its head off. Allowed me to go cookless for 9 days, but I lost 10 pounds. tortillas, cashew–almond butter, dates, brazil nuts, electrolyte replacement drink, also favorites.

Have been cold in my Zpacks 20 deg., temps in the mid to high 20's at altitude, in a bivy sack, hours spent awake. Sleeping pills sound hard core! Had a neo-air, think I needed something warmer under me. Not sure about the Zpack foot design –0 loft where everything comes together down there.

Justice Baker
    BPL Member

@jkokbaker

Locale: Central Oregon

Thanks for the jerky, it was awesome, I was glad to get rid of some Payday bars. I like the idea of more variety and hot drinks every night, especially at the end on a cold night on top of Whitney. Thanks again for your encouragement on the long final day.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools