Topic

REI Black Friday – In store/Online – 50% off all REI brand outerwear?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals REI Black Friday – In store/Online – 50% off all REI brand outerwear?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

http://slickdeals.net/f/5541026-REI-Black-Friday-Sale-50-Off-REI-Brand-Outerwear

According to slickdeals.net, REI is having a rather nice black friday promotion this year – 50% off all REI brand outerwear, both in store and online. I find this interesting because most of REI's stuff, while generally not light enough to be considered ultralight and not always the best in materials/design, is usually quite functional and a good value (not to mention the awesome warranty).

So, assuming the sale info is accurate, I believe the REI brand eVent pants/jacket would both be pretty good deals at $95/$120, respectively.

http://www.rei.com/product/826022/rei-kimtah-rain-pants-mens-30-inseam

http://www.rei.com/product/826021/rei-kimtah-rain-jacket-mens

david
    Spectator

@davidvcd

The REI ACME softshell pants, made with schoeller dryskin, for $169/$84.5 looks interesting.

http://www.rei.com/product/823935/rei-acme-pants-mens-30-inseam

Will Govus
    Spectator

@willgovus

The REI endeavor pants are really nice winter/shouldery season pants if you like a slimmer fit. Good DWR, and they offer taller sizes as well. Would be ~40$.

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

Just logged on and noticed that the Mistral Softshell Pants are HALF PRICE!

Enjoy the sale.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

Just pulled the trigger on an REI Kimtah eVent jacket and pants for half price. Not the lightest but much longer lasting and with a fab warranty.

victor larivee
    BPL Member

@vlarivee

Locale: white mountains

eVent pants for $95 i can't afford not to buy them. Better get a pr before your size is gone

P S

@xeren

Locale: Southern California

How much better are the kimtah pants than the patagonia torrentshell pants? I sweat a lot more from my torso than my legs- im not sure its worth the cost to upgrade to the eVent pants.

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

REI's pants are great.

The Kimtah pants are far more breathable than the Torrentshell, offer a bit of stretch, and should hold up a lot better. If you aren't happy with them down the line or they develop warranty issues, it's an incredibly easy process to return them.

The Acme pants are my favorite winter pant on the market today. Just about everything in that category is insulated or waterproof these days, the Acmes are simple and super stretchy and hold up to wear against granite.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

I am surprised there still is a lot of REI Kimtah stuff still available. All the pants and quite a few jackets. I was expecting to wake up and find all of that stuff gone!

I looked at the Atom pants but I already have a pair of Patagonia Jackalope pants which I have found to be the best for that sort of thing.

And could someone comment on the Kimtah eVent fabric they use? I tried out a Westcomb jacket for a bit but the fabric was just too rigid and noisy so that it would irritate me and I had to send it back. Thanks.

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

Brett–i've had the westcomb specter and the kitmah, kitmah is a quieter event, but not by much. the pants did feel softer though, so it could just be the seam lines in the jacket that are stiff. you are supposed to wash it when it gets dirty. wonder if it softens up?

btw, i will be selling a nwt large black kitmah for those who missed out on the sale. please contact me at [email protected] if interested :-)

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Got my Kimtah stuff in yesterday and I am very happy with it. It might be a few ounces more than other eVent pieces in the same class but I don't care that much because it comes in an XXL jacket and is made of a durable material. I like the material in that it is a lot more flexible than the Westcomb I tried before but still is a bit noisy. I guess I will just have to put up with that since the XXL sleeves are long enough and the jacket is long enough to cover my 6'5" long torso butt. What I liked also was that the hand pockets were made out of mesh on the inside so there is a venting option there if you miss the pit zips. The back pocket on the pants is also made out of mesh on the inside. Now I just have to figure out what to do with my Golite Pertex Shield Tumalo stuff.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools