Topic

Help with adventure related website

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Help with adventure related website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kier Selinsky

@kieran

Locale: Seattle, WA

Hi All –
    I'm looking for some partners to join with me in building an adventure related website/small business (or maybe nonprofit). I don't anticipate this is something that will reap lots of riches dollars, but has the strong potential to save some lives and to me that's even better.

I already have the domain name and hosting arranged. I have business requirements as well as wireframes and UX spec'd out. In addition, my previous partner (who got pulled away by other life commitments), already got a decent chunk of coding (C#, ASP.NET) done and the front end design done.

What I need in terms of partners are:
    -Programmer – someone who can handle back end and front end development. Experience in social plug ins and mobile a definite bonus. If you're familiar with C# and ASP.NET, then a lot of the work is done for you. If you prefer something else, I'm not married to Microsoft.
    -Marketing – a couple folks who can work their way in with outdoors related retailers and related businesses to get sponsorships, etc.

Experience/knowledge of SAR practices would be helpful. This is a sweat equity partnership – there's no funding to pay anyone, but everyone on this core team will have equal shares (myself included).

I'm not going to share the idea here in the forums, not till it's launched at least. I'm not concerned about someone stealing the idea for financial reasons – I'm concerned about it being done right.

Please PM me if interested.

Cheers!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools