Topic

HELP! Installing Line Locks onto my tarp

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) HELP! Installing Line Locks onto my tarp

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steven Hall
    BPL Member

@lundquistas

I got a set of Line Locks to use with my Oware Cattarp but I'm not 100% sure how to install them. Does anyone know a good link to a page demonstrating how they are installed? thanks!

Seth Brewer
    BPL Member

@whistler

Locale: www.peaksandvalleys.weebly.com

If you bought some standard line locs (like the #3) then those usually come pre-sewn onto the tieouts of the tents/tarps with some grosgrain webbing that fits the rear of the linelock. You'll likely have to sew them on with a couple rows of bartacks. Unless I'm missing something here….let's see what the wiser crowd in MYOG has to say..

Steven Hall
    BPL Member

@lundquistas

Thanks…guess I may have thought they were used different. I bought a set from Gossamer Gear to add to my Oware tarp but I thought they were just somehow looped onto the tie out. You're saying they need to be sewn on?

Steven Hall
    BPL Member

@lundquistas

Thanks Seth! Figured it out

William Chilton
    BPL Member

@williamc3

Locale: Antakya

Maybe this is what you figured out already, but I'll post just in case.
    No need to sew. Tie a loop of cord or webbing onto the bar at the back/top of the line lock, then tie this loop to the tarp tie out with a larks foot knot.
    Some companies sell the line locks with a loop of webbing already sewn on. Makes things look neater.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools