Topic

Rayado

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Philmont Rayado

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Sean Breen

@scout22

Hi all, last summer i completed trek #26 and this upcomming summer i hope to participate in Philmont's Rayado Program. I have a few questions regarding gear, and cooking. For a coucil, or troop trek you bring your own cooking system (ours was a white gas system). Now for rayado does philmont provide a cooking system for the trek? Also sleeping arrangements. I brought a big agnes flycreek ul2 that me and a friend slept in, it worked out great should i just bring this again, and find someone to tent with when i get there? Also in regard to a sleeping pad (everyone will have a different opinion in this one) but last summer i brought an REI stratus air pad. I really did like this pad however it does take time to blow up, and is heavy (at around a oiund). I have a cut down ridge-rest that i used to use. Should i just bring that for Rayado to lighten my pack a bit? thanks allot for any suggestions/ help.

I hope everyone on the east coast is doing well after "superstorm sandy" please help out people in your community.

Thanks
    -Sean

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools