Topic

Lightweight shoes for JMT & 35lbs max pack weight?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Lightweight shoes for JMT & 35lbs max pack weight?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Locale: Midwest -or- Rockies

Konrad

What model Innov8s do you wear?

Put an order in for a set of Montrail Mountain Masochist IIs. Gonna give them a try and see how I like them compared to the Innov8 Terroc 330s.

Looks like the Montrail Sabino isn't produced any more.

KJ

Jeff Jeff
    BPL Member

@jeffjeff

I used the XA 3D back in 2007. Now it's the XA 3D Pro Ultra or something like that.

Now I use the Wings which fit me way better. The XA 3D Pro Ultra is too wide in the heel now.

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

I use and love the Garmont 9.81 Bolt DL. Got maybe 150miles on em. A little hole at the base of my pinky toe on the outside of my foot formed cause I was on a lot of Lava rock and that stuff is pointy. (Timberline Trail twice and South Sister/ Green Lakes Basin) I put a dab of Freesole on it- Violin!

The outsole is flexible but tough and the lugs are beefy- good even on snow!

Light and Breatheable…

AFAIK only me and Annapurna (sp) use them here. I havent seen her comment on them so she may not like em. But trust me, my opinion is the correct one. :P

nobody listens to me anyway… so get yer Innov8s like erebody else

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Kenneth,
    I bounce between roclite 315s and 320s. Sorry, I haven't tried the terrocs yet so I cant compare.

Dana S
    BPL Member

@naman919

Locale: Richmond, Virginia

Regarding users of the Roclite 295's and similar models, how did you determine they were designed for under or over-pronation? Their site explains the "fit" as just variations in the toe box designs.

I'm asking because I switched up from some New Balance 908's to the Inov8 295's bc the ball of my foot was taking a beating. I like the 295's but the narrow heel sole is substantially smaller than my NB 908's.

To be fair, i've come across several user comments that over/under-pronation isn't considered in the shoe's design because it's meant for uneven and unstable terrain. Meaning, you're not striking a consistently even surface most of the time. I tend to agree. Darn tree roots seem to be all i step on.

Feedback welcomed. Haven't posted in a few years so don't blast me.

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Locale: Midwest -or- Rockies

Dana-

Was listed as such on runningwarehouse.com. I'd show you but the listing has now changed to the 2013 model.

Runningwarehouse.com is a great resource on all aspects of the fit and in depth detail of the build of shoes. I'd def. recommend checking them out if only for the information.

KJ

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools