Topic

Trans Catalina Trail 11-9 to 11-12

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Trans Catalina Trail 11-9 to 11-12

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Trace Richardson
    BPL Member

@tracedef

There is a good change I may have a couple spots opening up for the Trans Catalina trail 11/9 to 11/12 … This means we're leaving on Friday the 9th and coming back on Monday the 12th (holiday). If interested, please shoot me an email to tracedef at gmail dot com ….

Three day weekends are hard to get reservations for due to high demand, so I booked these reservations about 6 months ago and did research on the very best beach camp spots for every night and reserved the best possible spots.

The trip is about 53 miles total and each day we will stop in a little town…. so we can grab food, beer, bathroom or whatever each day …. a little more luxurious than 4 days in the Sierras. We should have awesome weather, awesome ocean views and a great time seeing Catalina end to end while sleeping under the stars on the beach!

We will take the ferry on the morning of 11/9 from Dana Point at a cost of around $74 or so and the camping fees to Catalina Island are around $63 (this includes wood delivered to campsite each day … yay!) You're responsible for your food / equipment, I may have equipment you can use if you need something specific … or are interested in backpacking but don't have experience ….

Trail Overview: http://socalhiker.net/2010/03/trans-catalina-trail/

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools