Topic

Neoair All Season…Anyone ever shortened one?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Neoair All Season…Anyone ever shortened one?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sean Rhoades

@kingpin

Locale: WV

I have a large Neoair All Season and am wanting to shorten it a little. I've done this with my original Neoair with great sucess. Does anyone know if this would work just like the original?

Sean Rhoades

@kingpin

After receiving no responses to my Neoair All Season question, I decided to go ahead and just cut it down and seal it back up like the original Neoair.

What happened? Well, it went back together flawlessly. On the inside there is a mylar layer attached to the inside of each top and bottom piece of fabric. Within each baffle is two layers of the white, dryer sheet looking material as well as a layer of the mylar. I simply cut the insulation back, and ran my household iron over the two layers of fabric a few times. Being careful not to leave any air bubbles. So far, so good. I left it inflated with weights placed on top overnight, it didn't deflate at all.

Original weight was 26oz, and after the modification is 22.3oz. Not a bad little reduction for about 10" cut off the bottom.

I will post pics of the inside of the pad for anyone who is interested. It won't be until later though.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

daring, but cool :) now that question is answered, how about the xtherm? I'd love a Large at about 60" or so

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Conratulations Sean, and I can't wait to see pics displaying your bravery!

Sean Rhoades

@kingpin

Well here are a few pics. I tried my best to show the baffle construction and layers of mylar and whatever the white material is.

If anyone wants to see anything specific, let me know and I'll do my best to capture it.

Internals of the Neoair All Season
    inside

Excess material
    all seasons

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools