Topic

F.A.Q. thread????

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear F.A.Q. thread????

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Cadorin
    BPL Member

@jeffcadorin-2

Locale: paper beats rock

I have alot of different hobbies and interests and am a member of quit a few bulliten boards. It is apperent to me that the search function is laking here but from reading around a fix is coming soon. I still think a faq (freaquintly asked questions) thread stickied at the top of the page would be a great place to store common information. We could use this or another thread to compile factual info on material, and anything else we deam beneficial. Just food for thought.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Jeff,

BPL is in the process of a total facelift as well as a swapping out of much of it's skeleton. It'll still have the same blood flowing through it so worry not about losing all our precious conversations and such but expect to find an easier navigated layout, new searchability and altogether more functionality.

– sam_h

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

Honestly, I don't think people would use it. If they have a question, they're just going to post about it. That's been my experience. We have a lot of FAQs on our company website and no one uses them. They either call or email and ask just about every question that can be answered by the FAQs. I think it's probably because most people prefer a human answer to a static one.

Jeff Cadorin
    BPL Member

@jeffcadorin-2

Very true Jason. Hopefully with the new changes will come a way to save threads. I just have always appreciated having all the re-occuring info in one place. Guess im just used to a different BB layout.

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

Hey Jeff,
    I think what you're proposing already exists in some way or another. People could do a search to find answers to their questions. It's not exactly a centralized FAQ section but it would seem that if people wanted to avoid being redundant, they could use that feature.

Jeff Cadorin
    BPL Member

@jeffcadorin-2

yes, but the search feature here is not that great. Im looking forward to the revamping.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools