Topic

system to tie glasses, wallet, ditty bags to pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear system to tie glasses, wallet, ditty bags to pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Amy Lauterbach
    BPL Member

@drongobird

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I've switched to making our glasses cases and wallets and ditty bags out of bright orange or white SilNylon to make them harder to lose.
    clipping-3

I stitched a loop of cord into the interior of our ULA hip-belt pockets, and wallets (only needed for non-wilderness town-to-town hiking), sunglasses, and reading glasses are clipped into those pockets.
    clipping-4

And I tied a string to an anchor at the edge of the side pocket on the pack, so I can clip the ditty bag to the pack. Snacks, sunscreen, mittens, windshirt, etc are in the bag and tied to the pack, so they won't fall out of the pocket. I can pull the bag out of the pocket and root around in it without unclipping it, so I won't screw up and leave it on a rock somewhere.
    clipping-6

It's a little hard to see in the photo, but there's a short piece of thin spectra cord that ties that S-Biner clip to the gold cord (which is itself tied to the pack). This makes it so I can't lose the S-Biner clip.
    clipping-7

Rex Sanders
    BPL Member

@rex

I've used something similar on my (ancient) GoLite day pack for years. Just a silnylon stuff sack with the draw string looped over an outside strap, where the draw string is long enough to put the sack in the pack while hiking.

My wallet, phone, keys, and SAK go in here. They don't get lost, and I can pull them out quickly.

Simple stuff sack attachment

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools