Topic

What’s With the BMW Website?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) What’s With the BMW Website?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Randy Brissey
    BPL Member

@rbrissey

Locale: Redondo Beach, CA

Hello,

I've talked myself into getting an arc alpinist bag from Nunatak and a balaclava from BMW. I did a search and the last report says "april" for the goods to hit the market. The BMW site has been down.

I am worrying that if I may be away from the computer for the day that all of the "new goodies" will be announced and claimed.

Do any of the powers to be know when the website will be up and also when "backpacker Xmas" strikes. Between BMW and MLD they should just take deposits from me as I await.

Randy

Aaron Granda
    BPL Member

@throckmorton

That is my fear too. I don't check my email on the weekends. I'm afraid that I'll check it some Monday and they will all be gone. Remember how fast those wood stoves went? Then I will be stuck another year until a new shipment comes in.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

The Bozeman Mountain Works site is not supposed to be "down". This is due to technical difficulties. As far as the date of release of those products I can only speculate thus far.

On a side note, there were only twelve BushBuddy stoves in the initial release. There were many more available in the second release.

Randy Brissey
    BPL Member

@rbrissey

The problem that I had with buying a cocoon pullover and a nano tarp was the wait. I think that the tarp arrived 6 months after I ordered it. At least it is winter (make that spring as of yeaterday) and I am not doing the PCT or anything early this year. I just wish that a rep from BMW would come to the PCT kickoff at the end of april just to let people try on some of the stuff and then place an order. I would go down (its just 120 miles) to do that. Maybe if MLD would show up with the soon-to-be-available stuff that would make my shopping season!

Randy

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

There was an issue with a bad PHP upgrade. The site is now functional again.

Randy Brissey
    BPL Member

@rbrissey

Thank You,

I now can look back and the items and plan out my next foray in the the-lighten-my-wallet-for-next-summer zone. Now do you any reasonable date as to when to have my credit cards ready?

Randy

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

I'm afraid not.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools