Topic

Looking for Warm Synthetic Vest

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Looking for Warm Synthetic Vest

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

I'm talking one with 100g/m synthetic material or higher. I'd even entertain a thick and warm fleece vest. A co-worker is looking for this item for hunting down into the 20's. Anyone have a brand out there they know of? THANKS

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

I use the Rab Generator vest a lot and really like it, comes in at 250g for a Large.

Gary Yee

@lakemcd

Locale: NW Montana

If you are looking for something a little more rugged for hunting applications try the military surplus type stuff that you can get on ebay and the net. Often listed as: PCU Primaloft Level 7 vest

Clint N.
    Spectator

@cnewitt

Locale: Utah

I just picked up a used/like new Patagonia Micro Puff on eBay for $45. These have 100g Primaloft One. Patagonia isn't currently producing these in a vest. I only had to watch eBay for about 10 days and several came up for $50-$100. Some were the older pullover, half-zip style.

Regarding the Generator recommendation, I have the Rab Generator jacket and it is very nice as I'm sure the vest is as well. Between the Generator vest and the Micro Puff vest, the MP is a relaxed fit and would bet the generator is a more athletic fit.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Cabela's catalog has new ECWCS military fleece vests and jackets.

My personal choice would be a Climashield filled puffy vest. Primaloft fill is my 2nd choice. This construction is warmer, less weight and more packable than heavy fleece.

Jus' sayin', as a hunter who sits in treestands for hours and hours and …

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

Thanks for the ideas. I'll check them all out now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools