Topic

Help with Superior HIking Trail Weekend Trip!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Help with Superior HIking Trail Weekend Trip!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nate Boyer
    BPL Member

@nateb123

Hello,
    I hiked section 13 a few weeks ago and I'm looking for something with much easier terrain to take my girlfriend this weekend. We'd like to go about 10-15 miles for Fri/Sat/Sun.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where we could go and if there is a shuttle that would bring us to our starting point?

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

I believe the shuttle runs through this weekend but you better call to make sure.(218-834-5511) Almost any section will be easier than section 13.You could call the SHTA office for suggestions. (281-834-2700)

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Last Sunday, 10/14 was the last day for the Superior Shuttle. There are other shuttle options shown here

Harriet Quarles is great choice if near Grand Marais (or you are able to pay for here to drive a long way.

Grand Marais to Cook County Road 58 is a not so tough 4.9 miles and very nice

Britton Peak to Oberg Mountain might be the easiest 5.7 mile segment of the trail, although the optional Leveaux Mountain loop is strenuous (but worth it IMO)

Castle Danger To Gooseberry Falls State Park is kinda long (9.1 miles) but very easy hiking except for the initial climb to wolf rock and is a very easy bicycle shuttle

all of the sections west of Two harbors are easy hiking and workable with a bicycle shuttle. I think that one of the transportation options mentioned in the first link in this reply might be able to serve that area but I have no personal experience with those except the Superior Shuttle and Harriet

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools