Topic

Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum Tent Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum Tent Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    David Ure

@familyguy

Daryl, it is a,steal compared to this:

http://www.sierradesigns.com/p-559-mojo-ufo.aspx

Raymond Estrella

@rayestrella

Locale: Northern Minnesota

“The poles are somewhat larger in diameter than one might expect, with joints that seem plenty stout. It’s a light set of poles, I’m not sure if there is any other difference from a standard Fly Creek 2 poleset.”

You could weigh them and tell. The standard Fly Creek’s 9 mm DAC poles weigh 10.2 oz (289 g)

John Ancelet

@jancelet

What was the cost to have carbon fiber tent poles made for this tent and how long did that take?

Adam Klags
    BPL Member

@klags

Locale: Northeast USA

Looking at the photo of the tent without the fly, it appears that this tent is a bit shorter than the original UL2 version in the orangy tan color. Mine doesn't have such a crazy high arc like that, it seems to be shorter and so the arc is higher. I have more room inside my tent top to bottom between the thermarest and the edge of the tent. It does look like maybe there is a wider floor in this newer version too. I wonder if they ever so slightly tweaked the angles or the seam locations to stretch the inner space and make the tent sit differently without changing much… has anyone set them up next to eachother yet and really looked at it? I wish this review had actually done that.

Steve Meier
    BPL Member

@smeier

Locale: Midwest

I just bought this tent and it is quite an amazing little thing. Very impressive how BA was able to bring down the weight by tweaking the design. I have the Fly Creek UL3 for when I hike with a partner and bought this for solo hiking but it will easily fit me and my wife or me and one of my younger kids no problem. Two adult men would be a problem unless you're quite 'friendly' with each other. I also bought it for $375 online since I couldn't justify the normal $500 price tag. I couldn't really justify the sale price either but then again I wouldn't have half of my gear if I had to rationalize my purchases!

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools