Topic

Zia products now available at QiWiz.net

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Zia products now available at QiWiz.net

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

As Rob Kelly posted on Monday, most of my Zia titanium products are now available for purchase on his web site (QiWiz.net). I am very cyber-challenged and haven't my own web site. Rob is a wonderful and very gracious guy, he is quite "web site savvy," and he offered to host my products. We both feel that his site now has a serious array of hand made titanium cooking gear (and don't forget about the Big Dig and his saws).

My products that are available on his site include the regular 4.5" x 11' grill (0.9 oz. or 25.5 g.), the Stix (.39 oz. or 11 g. each) in either 6-packs or 4-packs, and my new grill version, which I call the Mini Grill (0.5 oz. or 14 g.). The Mini Grill has been carefully designed to exactly fit the FireFly stove that Rob makes. In conjunction with a 4-pack of Stix, the Mini Grill will work with other stoves, and the Stix allow the grill to be set at variable heights above the fire.

Here is a BPL thread that describes the regular grill and the Stix.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=68132

Here is a brief description of the Mini Grill. I have included a specific grill support, which fits into the support "ears" of the stove. The grill cross braces are alligned perpendicular to this support rod, with the middle grill cross brace nesting in the V-notch of the "ears." With the grill support component integrated with the grill, it locks onto the FireFly stove. This provides a very stable grill, but it prevents easy access for placing additional wood onto the fire from the top.

FireFly with grill components (sorry about the grill shadows):

Mini Grill components

Mini Grill locked onto the FireFly:

Mini Grill locked onto FireFly

Support without the grill:

Support without grill

The grill sitting on top of the support. This allows easy removal of the grill to place more wood on the fire:

Grill on support

The other thing that I would like to mention is that I now have a supply of unique .075" titanium rod on hand. This might be the perfect rod for the custom pot supports that I made last winter. It is stronger/sturdier than the .062" material I was offering, but not as heavy duty as the .09" stuff, which was overkill for many applications.

So, if anyone wants a custom pot support made from this material, please contact me. Also, if someone wants a double full-size grill package with connectors, send me an e-mail (drzooz(at)aol(dot)com). All of my other products can be purchased at QiWiz.net. Please go to Rob's site now, buy a potty trowel, and take a tour of his site. He has several new videos that are worth watching.

(edit: stupid spelling)

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

In keeping with the spirit of Black Friday, and Small Business Saturday, and all that, I would like to announce that I will offer a 10% rebate for all of my products purchased through Rob Kelly's QiWiz.net web site. Just order things the normal way, and I will refund 10% to your PayPal account. I will extend this offer until midnight, Dec. 31, 2012. Please note that this doesn't apply to Rob's products, only my own Zia stuff. Rob will make special offers of his own from time to time.

If you would like me to make a custom pot stand for you, you'll need to contact me for your specifications (drzooz (at) aol (dot) com). The prices are $16 and $20, depending on the thickness of titanium you want.

If you would like to order a matched double grill set, which includes the connector rods, just order 2 regular grills on QiWiz.net, and I will adjust the price accordingly. The normal price for a double grill set is $95, so I will refund $14.50. Please add a note that you are buying a double grill set, and not 2 separate Zia grills.

All prices include shipping to U.S. addresses (all 50 states). Canadians will be charged an additional $5, due to a recent USPS postage rate hike. 0ther international addresses will be charged an additional $10, which is done by clicking the box on the drop-down menu. By the way, to access my Zia products on QiWiz.net, click "Stoves" on the main page, then click "Grilling and Baking."

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

I just wanted to bump this sale offering, for those that might have missed it. 10% off everything I make, through December 31. My prices always include shipping, with international addresses paying just $5-10 extra. You can order through QiWiz.net, or by contacting me directly ([email protected]).

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Jack E., your pot support has been mailed. I threw in a little Christmas bonus item for you, because you're such a swell guy.

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Your mini grill was mailed this afternoon, Duane. If your Canuck customs guys don't get goofy, it should be in your hands within a couple of weeks. Happy grilling!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools