Topic

Good finds at Campmor…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Good finds at Campmor…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mandy Kent

@vermontsilkie

Locale: rural New England

Ha! I've been researching and bookmarking all sorts of high-end retail sources and *guess what* found significant amount of what I was looking for at Campmor, where I've shopped by mail for years off and on. I don't think of them as carrying cutting edge stuff, but yesterday ordered a Granite Gear Vapor Trail UL backpack along with a bunch of other UL stuff to replace my aging and heavier equipment (a much-loved and used 1978 Lowe pack that was one of the original internal frame packs and has a terminal case of straps and metal buckles! – ready for the museum). And it is even a great color. Happy camper here. Then I found they had a Big Agnes insulated sleeping mat just the right size. The Vapor Trail was marked 'way down and BA mat about ten bucks off. They have decent prices, I think, on regular things and then there are two different online sale sites. There's "Web Bargains" and "Hot Deals" which don't have quite the same things. Y'all have posted info helpful to me as I've been researching UL gear; thought I'd pass along the favor. Saw some Golite items, too, some titanium, now this Granite Gear as well as other UL labels. Decent prices on sil-nylon poncho, Red Ledge raingear.

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

Mary, want to sell the old Lowe packpack? Please PM me if so. Thanks; Brett.

Mandy Kent

@vermontsilkie

Locale: rural New England

Hi, Brett, thanks for the idea. I'll think about that. You can probably imagine the memories that pack has for me. Great patch on it where a bear bit it. Otherwise in remarkably good shape considering where it has trekked and travelled. It was out for 10 weeks in the Pacific NW its first summer, then travelled to Europe and many places in between. They made it of cordura, one of the reasons it is relatively heavy, and it has complete panel opening with a panel pocket that also completely zips open. The bear, by the way, actually opened the zippers somehow. Don't tell me bears aren't smart. Well, a lot of campers have found that out. I do know I'll keep it at least until I determine how I like the new one.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools