Topic

Baking: Snow Peak bowl in AGG 3 cup pot?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Baking: Snow Peak bowl in AGG 3 cup pot?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joe L
    BPL Member

@heyyou

Locale: Cutting brush off of the Arizona Tr

Is that a viable baking set-up, a Snow Peak Ti bowl in an AGG 3 cup pot?

That bowl is slightly wider and deeper than the pot, so there would be no steam between the top of the batter and the lid. I haven't acquired the Ti bowl yet, so no way to test at home.

Also, the Ti is not known for even heat transfer but if it is sitting in boiling water that solves that problem, right?

Plan B: What is a good muffin tin for that 2 5/8 by 5 3/8 inch pot?

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Joe, I've done my share of steam baking of breads while in camp, but I am trying to visualize what you are trying to do. It sounds like you want to fill up your titanium bowl with bread dough and then place that inside the aluminum pot with water in the bottom of it. I have that bowl, but it is a bit overkill for this purpose. I've used a simple plastic bag as the inner container (as long as it does not contact the bottom of the outer pot).

The big advantage of using that titanium bowl is that the finished bread would have a nice ball shape to it.

–B.G.–

Joe L
    BPL Member

@heyyou

Locale: Cutting brush off of the Arizona Tr

Bob, you are seeing it well. Thank you for answering my newbie question.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Since the Snow Peak bowl is titanium, you can use it for direct baking over hot wood coals, so the aluminum pot is unnecessary. Still, you would need to be careful and manage the heat correctly.

I use my Snow Peak bowl as my solo water boiler.

–B.G.–

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools